Author: Stan Eisenstat
Subject: CPSC 323 Announcements (02 September 2020)
Date: Wednesday, 02 Sep 2020, 16:54:16

0) Corrections to HTML version of syllabus:
     Homework is worth 80%, not 70%
     There will be 5 assignments
     The first exam is on Monday, October 12th
     The second exam is on Wednesday, December 2nd

1) Class web site [Links to everything!]
     http://zoo.cs.yale.edu/classes/cs323
     Link on Canvas syllabus

2) Course newsgroup [Read Regularly!]
     https://sce.cs.yale.edu/News/cs323
     Link on class web site

3) Office hours via Zoom
     Schedule posted to newsgroup and class web site
     Instructions posted to newsgroup and available on Google
       doc used for "Whiteboard" queue
     Links to schedule and Google doc at top of class web page
       (along with link to "live" lectures)

4) Role of TA and ULAs during office hours
     Answer questions about material, specification, and Linux
     Ask questions to help you understand (Socratic dialog)
     Critique your approach
     *NOT* to write code
     *NOT* to debug code (versus suggest how you can debug it)

5) Homework #1 available
     /c/cs323/Hwk1/f20h1.v0 and link on class web page
     Walk-thru later this week or early next; recording posted
       to Canvas

6) Style Guide
     /c/cs323/Doc/Style and and link on class web page

7) Contacting me
     e-mail: sce@cs.yale.edu
     appointments: https://sce.cs.yale.edu

8) Protocol for class sessions
     Ask questions by raising your Zoom hand or posting
       to chat window (to Everyone or just me)
     I will stop every 5 minutes and ask for questions
     Or just shout out "Question" and I will respond
       immediately

9) The perils of long sessions