Author: Stan Eisenstat
Subject: Re: [Cs323] executables
Date: Monday, 28 Sep 2020, 14:34:57

    > Message Posted By: Unknown
    >
    > If we have two executables in our makefile (both parsley and mainParsley),
    > and it runs correctly on testit, does that mean our makefile will work
    > correctly? Does testit know to only run the parsley executable that is made?

The command

  % testit 2 parsley

runs the script Hwk2/test.parsley on the files that you
submitted for Homework #2.  That script runs

  % make parsley

to create the executable, not

  % make

(which makes the first target in the makefile).  Thus if
testit works, your makefile should be fine.
=====

    > Also, considering that my mainParsley executable takes a local
    > mainParsley.c file (as an object file) and I didn't submit that to the zoo
    > submission, will that cause an error when the test script attempt to make
    > the file? Or does the test script actually run "make parsley"?

As noted above, the script makes parsley.

--Stan-