Author: Stan Eisenstat
Subject: Re: [Cs323] Nonprinting characters and option + azAZ
Date: Monday, 28 Sep 2020, 18:03:20

    > Message Posted By: Unknown
    >
    > what is an example that can simulate "Nonprinting characters are treated
    > as spaces."

Try

  % echo -e 'a\033b' | ./parsley

where \033 is a representation of the ESC character, which
is not a graphic characer.

Aside:  While creating this example, I discovered that
Hwk2/parsley was using !isspace() rather than isgraphic().
I fixed this bug (the old version is Hwk2/parsley.V1),'
but there will not be any tests involving nongraphic,
non-whitespace characters on the test scripts.
=====

    > Also, option (mac key) + character is not captured by isgraph(). Would
    > this be considered a nonprinting character?

Yes.

--Stan-