Author: Stan Eisenstat
Subject: Re: [Cs323] Public test for python file
Date: Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020, 17:05:38

    > Message Posted By: Unknown
    >
    > I am confused since it gives error: './mcBash': No such file or directory.
    > Renaming mcBash.py as mcBash doesn't work, are we supposed to compile the
    > python file into excitable? Thanks.

As I posted earlier:

  Date: 08 Oct 2020 08:30:43 -0400 (Thu)
  Subject: Re: [Cs323] Executable for hw3

      > Message Posted By: Unknown
      >
      > When we submit the source files for hw3, suppose we implemented mcBash in
      > python, are we expected to submit the executable named "mcBash"? If so,
      > how do we convert "mcBash.py" into the executable without the ".py"
      > suffix, and allow the executable to be executed with the command "mcBash"
      > rather than the command "python3 mcBash.py"? I looked this up online but
      > didn't seem to find any relevant resources. Thank you!

  Yes, you are expected to submit an executable file named
  mcBash.  The first line of that file should be

    #!/usr/bin/python

  (or something equivalent); and the remaining lines should
  contain your Python code.  You can use the chmod command
  to make your mcBash executable:

    % chmod +x mcBash

  The rules for Perl and Ruby are similar.

--Stan-