Author: Stan Eisenstat
Subject: Re: [Cs323] t06
Date: Monday, 02 Nov 2020, 09:25:37

    > Message Posted By: Unknown
    >
    > i am confused about this test case: "06. Binary (medium): size(no flags)
    > <=  54000?"
    >
    > In the actual test executable, the bounds are set at 120000, but the test
    > case title says 54000. What does the 54000 mean?

The bound in Hwk4/Tests/t06 should have been 66000, not
120000.  I have released a new version (the old one is
Hwk4/Tests/t06.v0).

The reason that the Hwk4/test.lzw gives the bound as
54000 is that the output of encode satisifies that bound
when the input was LAST YEAR's version of /bin/ln (this
is called "code bloat"), and I did not change it to
120000 when I updated the test.  I have NOT released a
new version of Hwk4/test.lzw to correct that error.

Thanks for pointing this out.

--Stan-