Author: Stan Eisenstat
Subject: Re: [Cs323] d-delay
Date: Thursday, 05 Nov 2020, 06:53:40

    > Message Posted By: Unknown
    >
    > If we use d-delay, are there any problems in alignment between encode and
    > decode that must be accounted when pruning because it is one-tick behind?

Since encode and decode must agree on the number of bits
sent/received, ensuring that they are is a problem for
all of the schemes.
=====

    > When it says d-delay is one tick behind, does that mean it is one code
    > behind?  ...

With D-Delay decode does not add strings to the table
until it receives the next code.
=====

    >    ...  Whenever I call pruning (through a special code), decode has
    > 2^NBITS entries in the table, but I thought it would have 2^NBITS-1
    > entries in the table.

How does decode know what string to add to the table if
it has not received the next code?

--Stan-