Author: Unknown
Subject: spec
Date: Saturday, 07 Nov 2020, 22:56:39

Hi,

In the spec it says that decode writes a message and exits if there is a command-line option or if it detects a file that encode could not have written (and that would cause a valgrind error).

So, if our decode sees a file that could not have been written by encode (i.e. special code is off, etc.) but does NOT lead to a valgrind error, will printing a line to stderr lead to deductions on the test script for these cases? My confusion is with the "AND" in the "and that would cause a valgrind error."