Author: Stan Eisenstat
Subject: Re: [Cs323] cmp: EOF on after byte 59, line 1
Date: Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020, 07:17:58

    > Message Posted By: Unknown
    >
    > I am getting the first case wrong, with the message
    >
    > cmp: EOF on $DOUT after byte 59, line 1

The message means that the output from decode is shorter
than the input to encode.
=====

    > I checked by running encode and decode, and my decoded file is the exact
    > same as the input. ...

No, they are not exactly the same, which is why you get the
error message above.
=====

    >               ...  Do you know how I can fix this?

Hint:  Is there a newline at the end of the output from
decode?  Did decode expand every code it received?  Or did
encode not send every code that it parsed?

If the above is too cryptic, you will have to contact me
directly for further  help.

--Stan-