Author: Unknown
Subject: SIGINT handling
Date: Wednesday, 09 Dec 2020, 00:37:53

3. While executing a simple command, subcommand, pipeline, or conditional
   command, bashLT waits until it terminates, unless it has been backgrounded.
   bashLT ignores SIGINT interrupts while waiting, but child processes (other
   than subshells) do not so that they can be killed by a CTRL-C.  Hint:  Do
   not implement this feature until everything else seems to be working.

The reference solution seems to exit all child processes upon signal interruption (whether backgrounded or not) (ctrl C). Am I misunderstanding what a subshell is supposed to represent? If so, how might I go about preventing subshells from terminating upon SIGINT?