Author: Stan Eisenstat
Subject: Clarifications to Homework #3 strwrs
Date: Sunday, 16 Feb 2020, 14:37:26

I added a few clarifications (which are appended) to the
specification for strwrs.  The new version is available
as Hwk3/s20h3.v1 and on the class web page.

--Stan-

---CUT HERE---

94c94
<   successful, then the remaining rules are ignored.
---
>   successful, then the remaining rules are ignored and the line is printed.
96,97c96,99
<   When the N flag (apply Next) has been specified and the application of a rule
<   is successful, then the next rule (in left to right order) is applied.
---
>   When the N flag (apply Next) has been specified and the application of a
>   rule is successful, then the next rule (in left to right order) is applied
>   (starting at the beginning of the string).  If there is no next rule, the
>   line is printed.
100c102,103
<   rule is successful, then that rule is reapplied.
---
>   rule is successful, then that rule is reapplied (starting at the beginning of
>   the string).
103c106,107
<   is successful, then the first rule (in left to right order) is applied next.
---
>   is successful, then the first rule (in left to right order) is applied next
>   (starting at the beginning of the string).
106,107c110,114
<   to-right order) is applied.  If none of Q, N, R, or S is specified, then N is
<   used.
---