Author: Stan Eisenstat
Subject: Re: [Cs223] Use of testDeque
Date: Sunday, 15 Mar 2020, 13:18:39

    > Message Posted By: Unknown
    >
    > I created a testDeque executable in my homework folder using your Makefile
    > and read the list of commands when I input a lowercase letter. What the
    > formatting for inputting these commands to testDeque?
    > How does testDeque check if our Deque ADT is "correct"?

If you enter a line beginning with any character other
than C, D, I, A, P, R, or H), you will get the following
response:

   = C|D|I|A|P|R|H
   =
   =

     C     Create Deque with specified name (createD)
     D     Destroy Deque specified (destroyD)
     I     Test whether Deque is empty
     A     Add line of text to tail of Deque specified (addD)
     P     Add line of text to head of Deque specified (pushD)
     R     Remove and print line from head of Deque specified (remD/popD)
     H     Print line from head of Deque specified (headD/topD)

which gives the syntax of the commands it accepts.  For
example, the command

  CA

creates a Deque named A, and

  AA...

adds a line to its tail, as the command

  HA

will confirm.  To see how it tests the correctness
of your Deque.o, see Hwk4/Tests/t301, ... .

--Stan-