Author: Stan Eisenstat
Subject: Re: [Cs223] Testing Deque.c
Date: Friday, 20 Mar 2020, 19:38:23

    > Message Posted By: Unknown
    >
    > I haven't quite understood how to test my implementation of Deque.c using
    > example.c. ...

Hwk4/example.c is an illustration of how the Deque
functions can be used; it is not intended as a test
of the correctness of an implementation.
=====

    >       ...  If I don't get any error messages, does that mean my
    > implementation is correct (for the specific string I am using)? ...

No.  Testing reveals the presence of errors, not their
absence.
=====

    >                                                            ...  What about
    > testDeque? ...

Hwk4/testDeqeue.c is testbed that allows you to specify
symbolically a sequence of calls to the Deque functions.
=====

    >       ...  How do I know, for instance, if my CreateD function is working
    > properly?

By looking at what it sets the Deque varible to when it
returns.

--Stan-