Author: Stan Eisenstat
Subject: Re: [Cs223] Final Exam
Date: Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020, 16:45:01

    > Message Posted By: Unknown
    >
    > What should we be expecting for the final in this class? Will the final be
    > an exam or will you be planning on changing it to a different format like
    > a project?

The class web page has the link

  https://zoo.cs.yale.edu/classes/cs223/doc/review-f

for review problems for the second exam.  (The exam
would only have 5 problems, as did the midterm.)

As I wrote earlier,

  Because of the logistical problems in giving an exam
  remotely to students in many different time zones, I am
  considering the possibility of dropping the second exam.
  If that happens, the midterm will be worth ~20% (vs
  ~15%) and the homeworks ~80% (vs ~70%), and some or all
  of the last three assignments may be weighted more
  heavily.  I will announce my decision in a week or two.

The exam will not be turned into a project.

--Stan-