Author: Unknown
Subject: Assuming the value of *D does not change
Date: Sunday, 29 Mar 2020, 13:59:40

The homework assignment states:
   Hwk4/Deque.o has a MOVING_DEQUES mode where it
   moves the block of storage (if any) to which the
   Deque variable points (which changes *D) on every call.  When this mode is
   used you cannot assume that the value of *D does not change when calling
   isEmptyD(), addD(), remD(), headD(), pushD(), popD(), or topD().

Though we are not supposed to assume the value of *D doesn't change, I'm confused as to how making that assumption would even change the way we approach the problem and how it might change our code.