Author: Stan Eisenstat
Subject: Re: CPSC223 xQuick.pl (new version)
Date: Wednesday, 01 Apr 2020, 20:38:14

    > Yes, so the command you just sent fixed that issue!  Also, I was
    > comparing the staff solution answer with my own for the command that
    > checks if we are using Qsort.  On files f007 and f006, both my code AND
    > the staff solution fail with the exact same errors (and when i run qsort
    > on both with the command to check if its qsort, they both give the same
    > output).  Just an observation that I found when using that xQuick.pl
    > command.

The reason that Hwk4/Qsort (now named Qsort.V0) fails
the Hwk4/Tests/xQuick.pl test is that it implements
mergeSort, not quickSort!  The new Hwk4/Qsort does pass
the test.

Explanation:  I did not have a working version of Qsort
when I released the specification so I put the solution
from last year's sorting assignment (which implemented
mergeSort using a circular, singly-linked Deque ADT) in
Hwk4/Qsort.  I meant to replace it when I had a working
version, but did not until now.  Both versions pass all
of the tests, but only the new one passes the xQuick.pl
test.

--Stan-