Author: Stan Eisenstat
Subject: Re: [Cs223] Stats.pl
Date: Thursday, 02 Apr 2020, 18:57:03

    > Message Posted By: Unknown
    >
    > When I try to run Stats.pl on QsortH of the staff solution, it only shows
    > #lines & #compares, and not #remD()

The number of remD()'s is just under 2*#compares+N.
=====

    > The staff solution uses about 1/3 of the #compares than my solution.
    > However, for my solution My #calls to remD() is about half of
    > 2*(#compares+#lines), should I be worried about efficiency?

Probably.  If your solution uses C compares, then it
calls remD() about C+N times.  But Hwk4/Qsort uses C/3
compares and calls remD() about 2*(C/3+N) times; thus
the limit for passing Test #404 is 2/3 * C + 2*N, which
is significantly smaller C+N.

Have you tested your QsortH with xQuick.pl?

For me to say more, I need to see and run your code.

--Stan-