Author: Stan Eisenstat
Subject: Re: [Cs223] UP : What grade is passing?
Date: Wednesday, 08 Apr 2020, 08:14:27

    > Message Posted By: Unknown
    >
    > What are the guidelines for passing 223? Do we need a D or above over all
    > PSETS? What spot on the curve dictates a "pass"? What actions would lead
    > to someone failing? Are we still graded the same way on the next PSETS?

As announced previously:

* the exams (including the second exam, on which
  everyone received a grade of 30/30) are worth 30% of
  the final grade;

* the assignments (including the face-to-face grading
  session) are worth 70% of the final grade; and

* all exam points are equal;

* all assignment points are equal (but not equal to exam
  points).

Thus your final grade will be computed as

  30 * (sum of exam points) / 60
  + 70 * (sum of assignment points) / 250

(here 60 = 30 + 30 and 250 = 6 * 40 + 10).

If your final grade is 60 or above, you will receive a
Pass for the course.

Aside: The last three problems sets (#4, #5, and #6) will
be graded in the same manner as the first three.  There
will not be a second face-to-face grading session.

If you have further questions, please send me e-mail.
will not respond to postings on this topic unless I feel
that they will be of interest to the entire class.

--Stan-