Author: Unknown
Subject: For ppl whose VS Code isn't connecting
Date: Friday, 24 Apr 2020, 22:03:49

I also had the very troubling problem of losing my SSH connection :')
Uninstalling and reinstalling did not work for me, but after several hours I found that if you go into the configuration file (which people set when they are first installing VS Code with a Yale Zoo connection) with the following commands:

Ctrl-Shift-P (which opens the command palette), then type in "Remote-SSH: Open Configuration File"

Open ....\.ssh\config

You will probably see something like this:
Host YaleZoo
    HostName node.zoo.cs.yale.edu
    User <YaleID>

Now copy and paste that, but for Host put <animal>.cs.yale.edu, and for HostName put the same exact thing. Where <animal> is any of the nodes in the zoo (e.g. hippo, cicada, bumblebee, etc.)

Hopefully this helps someone :) good luck!