Author: Stan Eisenstat
Subject: Re: [Cs223] Hwk6 Clarification
Date: Wednesday, 29 Apr 2020, 14:20:50

    > Message Posted By: Unknown
    >
    > To get full credit on the pset, we must free all memory (meaning it isnt
    > sufficient to leave it as reachable when exiting the program?)

Freeing all storage is not required (in terms of losing
points for not doing so), but will make satisfying the
requirement that Boggle

  * Store in the trie only those pointers corresponding to lower-case letters
    (worth at most 5 points).  Thus it uses random access rather than linear
    or binary search to reference a child trie given a letter.
=====

    > I am also confused as to the importance of Note 5 in the specs. What are
    > the examples provided showing?

As I posted earlier:

  Date: 18 Apr 2020 20:10:50 -0400 (Sat)
  Subject: Re: [Cs223] Valid Boggle Cubes and Tries
  Note 5 is an aside directed at those familiar with the
  real Boggle.  As described in the Wikipedia article:

    The game begins by shaking a covered tray of 16 cubic
    dice, each with a different letter printed on each of
    its sides.  The dice settle into a 4x4 tray so that
    only the top letter of each cube is visible.  ...

    -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boggle

  The note specifies the letters printed on the 16 cubes
  used in the 4x4 game.

--Stan-