Author: Stan Eisenstat
Subject: Re: [Cs323] Compare?
Date: Saturday, 12 Sep 2020, 09:26:48

    > Message Posted By: Unknown
    >
    > When I do /c/cs323/Hwk1/Compare /root -depth, my answer and find are
    > different. find gives /root and then errors. But when my solution is the
    > same as /c/cs323/Hwk1/fiend /root -depth - which one should I trust? My
    > fiend and the solution fiend give an error on opening(/root) as the first
    > thing printed.

You have uncovered a bug in Hwk1/fiend.  The correct
output is an error message (since opendir() fails on
/root) and a line containing /root.  That is, /bin/find
is correct.

I have released a new version of Hwk1/fiend (the old
version is now Hwk1/fiend.V0) that fixes this bug and
the earlier one involving a file named -.

Thanks for pointing this out.

--Stan-