Author: Stan Eisenstat
Subject: Re: [Cs323] - in command line
Date: Monday, 14 Sep 2020, 20:53:25

    > Message Posted By: Unknown
    >
    > If we do /c/cs323/Hwk1/fiend . -
    >
    > the program still runs.  But in the specs it says to stop reading the
    > files until the first -, so shouldn't the program report an error in the
    > command line?

As I posted recently,

  Date: 12 Sep 2020 09:26:48 -0400 (Sat)
  Subject: Re: [Cs323] Compare?

      > Message Posted By: Unknown
      >
      > When I do /c/cs323/Hwk1/Compare /root -depth, my answer and find are
      > different. find gives /root and then errors. But when my solution is the
      > same as /c/cs323/Hwk1/fiend /root -depth - which one should I trust? My
      > fiend and the solution fiend give an error on opening(/root) as the first
      > thing printed.

  You have uncovered a bug in Hwk1/fiend.  The correct
  output is an error message (since opendir() fails on
  /root) and a line containing /root.  That is, /bin/find
  is correct.

  I have released a new version of Hwk1/fiend (the old
  version is now Hwk1/fiend.V0) that fixes this bug and
  the earlier one involving a file named -.

  Thanks for pointing this out.

--Stan-