Author: Stan Eisenstat
Subject: Re: [Cs323] grammar function
Date: Friday, 25 Sep 2020, 09:00:50

    > Message Posted By: Unknown
    >
    > In simple, how does "[suffix] TEXT" work? Does this mean that we keep
    > calling looking for TEXT until it errors and then text?

The rule

  [suffix] = TEXT / [redirect] / [suffix] TEXT / [suffix] [redirect]

matches a maximal sequence of TEXT tokens and [redirect]'s.
That is, it eats tokens until it finds one that cannot be
part of a TEXT or [redirect].
=====

    > So if we see "t1 t2 t3 t4" as input, would simple see a TEXT at t1, and
    > then do TEXT SUFFIX starting at t2? And then would it be in SUFFIX that
    > parsley finds t3 and t4 as argv[2] and argv[3]?

No.  It would see the TEXT t1, which is a [suffix].  Then it
would see the TEXT t2, which means that it should treat "t1 t2"
as a [suffix].    Then it would see the TEXT t3, ... .

--Stan-