Author: Stan Eisenstat
Subject: Re: [Cs323] Left vs Right
Date: Monday, 28 Sep 2020, 18:13:22

    > Message Posted By: Unknown
    >
    > Is it the case the the left subtree is always completely evaluated before
    > the right one? I ask since the command "a <<b || c <<d" prompts for the
    > heredoc b, then the heredoc d, and I couldn't figure out why this would
    > always be the case from the grammar rules alone.

The grammar specifies the syntax of commands but not the
semantics.  For example, it does not forbid multiple
redirections of stdin or stdout, which the specification
states that parsley must detect.

Thus it does not specify the order in which HERE documents
are read (which is left to right as for bash).

--Stan-