Author: Stan Eisenstat
Subject: Re: [Cs323] option+char
Date: Monday, 28 Sep 2020, 22:26:36

    > Message Posted By: Unknown
    >
    > To my question about option (mac key) + character is not captured by
    > isgraph(), you responded that it would be a nonprinting character.
    >
    > But when I run "aM-bM-^HM-^Bx" into Hwk2/parsley, it returns:
    > argv[0] = aM-bM-^HM-^Bx and not argv[0]=a, argv[1]=x, since it says M-bM-^HM-^B should
    > indicate a space in the spec. Is that expected?

I ran the following program:

  int main(int argc, char *argv[])
  {
      for (int i = 128; i < 256; i++) {
	  if (isgraph(i))
	      printf ("G%d\n", i);
	  else
	      printf ("N%d\n", i);
      }
      return 0;
  }

on both the Zoo and a MacBook Air and all of the lines
becan with an N, indicating that all of these char
values (which include all of the option+char values)
are non-graphic.  Were you using the old version of
Hwk2/parsley?

--Stan-