Author: Unknown
Subject: None
Date: Monday, 30 Nov 2020, 21:12:33

Hi,

I had a question about things like "a & b & c ; d & a ; b ; c." If I run that (or something similar), my code does all the backgrounding/execution/printing right, but it prints it in a different order than the staff solution (i.e. some of my COMPLETED:XX are intermixed with perrors). I think it's non-deterministic to an extent (?), but does that affect the grading of my code? Also, does the order of the output have to be the same as the staff solution?

Also, in some cases the staff solution prints completed:XX before the next line and in others it doesn't. Does this mean that at the end of every test case that there will be a command so that the completed's show up (in the case of backgrounding)? For example in "a ; c & d ; e & f ; g", the completed show up in the staff solution (without running another command), whereas they dont show up in "a ; b &". I just wanted to know if thats something we have to directly match or if the test code will solve for it.